Sunday, July 19, 2015

It is a hot Sunday afternoon here in Queens. It is my day off before I start a grueling week at ___ ( a place I will not mention.. yet). I am a server and have been doing it for almost 20 years. I attempted to go to college for nursing, but I become too emotionally involved with people. Being straight faced in a trauma situation, not for me. I respect all in that industry. I was going (and eventually will) to use this page to review products, but I think it is going to be my "just because" page. 
This week at work, tough to say the least. Lots of ppl I respect and love working with are leaving. For better opportunities~just being fed up~ or "just because".  I was contemplating on making the move, but not just yet. I know in my heart when the time is right, I will go. This coming week is going to be 6 shifts and 2 of them are doubles. I am hoping that it will be enough to put away for a 3 day mini vacation with my  2 daughters and grandson. I was going to rent a camper with my "fiance" and go tour  (a 3 day tour LOL) Mystic Connecticut. My 13 year old wants to do aquarium visits... We are going to the NY Aquarium on Thursday... next week the one in Riverhead. An unfortunate situation happened last Thursday. I have this "thing" being divorced and in an 8 year relationship~ I want to do things as a family. We were going to go to Adventureland~my  "fiance" my daughter~ my son (20 year old) and myself. My other son (23) called me an hour before we were leaving and asked if he can join. I said absolutely. My "fiance" threw a fit. Making excuses- we aren't all going to fit in the car, it is too many ppl not enough room... blagh blagh.. I said it will be 10 min TOTAL with 5 ppl in the car.. he backed out and said "No I won't go". My thoughts are if he is going to through a fit over a 5 minute drive.. who is to say after we pay $1000 for the camper, he is not going to say.. I changed my mind.. I dnt want to go ..etc etc. SO NOW.. I am going to rent a car and go to Ocean City Maryland!! We have never been and it would be someplace looks like fun!! 
Again I am new at this.. I will ne posting "just because" when I can. BBQ grill is calling and my "chef hat" goes on and the dinner bell will be calling in about an hour!! 
Post comments if you would like and give me ideas on where to go and what to do for the last week in Aug.. Is Maryland a good place to go ?? Or should i try to make plans for another destination?


  

No comments:

Post a Comment